Strategic IT Planning
Strategic IT Planning is used to identify how and where information systems aid your business and generate value for your customers. The Strategic IT Planning process identifies ways to improve your productivity and recommends go-to market strategies to increase your value and reduce your overall IT costs.
Strategic IT Planning Session:
The Future Logic Strategic IT Planning session is a non-technical workshop conducted with the main stakeholders in your business.
- Provide a clear path for the ICT Function in your business over the next 12 months.
- Define specific initiatives (internal IT directions) and projects (capital expenditure) that are required to satisfy the business’s objectives for their IT function in relation to the overall business goals and plans.
- To uncover what information is used and needed in your business to unlock competitive advantages
- Ensure you have the right systems in place to meet your business objectives.
- Greater certainty for budgeting
- Productivity improvement through IT investments and initiatives
- Opportunity to implement the right systems for identified goal outcomes
- High priority strategies that will have the greatest impact on the business
- Clarity on the value IT plays within your business
- Set the agenda
- Determine work performed to date
- Set the scene with business goals
- Environmental scanning
- IT strategic objectives assessment– review the past and establish the future
- Examine the IT issues list generated from a staff questionnaire
- Brainstorm new ideas & visions
- Gap analysis
- Develop an initiative to meet strategic objectives
- Prioritise initiatives and issues
- Develop a high priority projects list and schedule
- Develop a high-level scope, costs and timeframes
- Establish a monitoring plan